Dear Partners and Friends:
The newly formed BRITISH – BOLIVIAN COMMUNITY represented by:
• Anglo-Bolivian Society (United Kingdom)
• Anglo-Bolivian Committee (Bolivia)
• Chevening Alumni (Bolivia)
• British Scholars’ Association (Bolivia)
are implementing an URGENT fundraising campaign for the purchase and delivery of personal protection and biosecurity equipment (PPE) for people at the forefront of the campaign against the COVID-19 virus.
In order to provide support for First Level Rapid Response activity, we want to purchase Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks, gloves and gowns for front-line health service personnel,i.e. doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaning and safety teams. In principle, the identified institutions with the greatest need are the following located in El Alto and La Paz:
• Top-tier Health Brigades in 5 Networks – responsible for taking samples
• Hospital del Norte – SEDES La Paz Regional Government
• Hospital de la Portada – Municipality of El Alto
• National Institute of Health Laboratories (INLASA)
The donations, the execution of the campaign and delivery of the PPE will be duly coordinated with the associated health authorities, Mayors of La Paz and El Alto, and will be detailed on the website https://angloboliviansociety.org/
To promote our campaign, we are opening lines of support with various media and communications like Radio Difusoras Populares (RTP), which has offered to collaborate with the delivery of inputs to beneficiaries and assist with media coverage.
In order to fulfil our First Level Rapid Response activity, the four BRITISH – BOLIVIAN COMMUNITY groups have launched a campaign to raise between US$5,000 and US$10,000, in Bolivia and in the United Kingdom.
We therefore cordially invite you to contribute to this campaign via any of the following categories:
- Gold donor: US$ 100 (Bs700) or more
- Silver donor: US$ 50 (Bs350) or more
- Bronze donor: US$ 25 (Bs175) or more
- Personal contribution: US$ 5 (Bs35) or more
- Or nearest equivalent in Pounds Sterling (£) for any of the above.
Donations or personal contributions can be easily made via:
1. Direct deposits in the British Scholars Association account with the Banco Nacional de Bolivia in the name of Ricardo Ramos or Hugo García:
BNB savings account in Bolivianos: 1520488193
BNB (US$) dollar savings account: 1900627056
2. Pound Sterling (£) transfers to GoFundMe web platform, COVID-19: Frontline Bolivia Rapid Aid
We are counting on your timely and generous contributions which will be gratefully received, and take the opportunity to thank the Bolivian health service staff for the tremendous effort they are making to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic.
“With time and maturity you discover that you have two hands, one to help you and one to help others” (Audrey Hepburn)
Anglo-Bolivian Society (United Kingdom)
Anglo-Bolivian Committee (Bolivia)
Chevening Scholars (Bolivia)
British Scholars’ Association (Bolivia)
Friends of Bolivia ~ Our Mission
“to help improve the living conditions of Bolivia’s poorest and neediest, particularly women, children and elderly people.”
“ayudar a mejorar las condiciones de vida de la gente más pobre y necesitada de Bolivia, especialmente las mujeres, niños y ancianos.”
Friends of Bolivia is a UK based charity dedicated to improving the living conditions of Bolivia’s most vulnerable people by providing financial assistance to charities and NGOs working in the country.
~ Thank you for visiting the Friends of Bolivia website ~